This School falls under the jurisdiction of the Western Cape Education Department. As in all similar state schools, the responsibility for running the School falls upon the Principal and staff, but to fund, guide and help them, a School Governing Body of thirteen members is elected every third year. Seven of the Board must have children at the School and be elected by the parents. Five other members are elected by staff and pupils. The principal is an ex officio member.
The chief duties of the School Governing Body are to:
- determine the language and admission policies;
- be the official mouthpiece of the parents;
- exercise general supervision over the grounds, buildings, furniture and equipment of the School;
- appoint (or recommend to the WCED the appointment of) educational, administrative and other staff;
- determine the school uniform and dress regulations;
- make recommendations regarding school hours and extra-mural activities;
- prepare and have an annual budget for the School approved and to levy, enforce and administer the school fees;
- adopt a code of conduct (in which the School rules are included) for pupils.
The School Governing Body is responsible to both the parents and the Western Cape Education Department, and all official business with the Department must be transacted through the Board.
Once elected in terms of the SA Schools Act, the School Governing Body has full power to act within the scope of its duties.