The School Governing Body intends, based, inter alia, on the post provisioning of the Western Cape Education Department, total number of teachers, classrooms and other facilities in the school, and the choice of subjects offered (and subject to the provisions of the SA Schools Act (84 of 1996) and the Western Cape Provincial Schools Act (12 of 1997), WCED Circular 40 of 2004) to admit up to 217 pupils in grade 8 (i.e. 7 classes of 31 pupils).
- No pupil will be admitted without:
- The completion of the application forms and the submission of all the required documents including those identified in the admission policy for ordinary public schools issued in terms of the National Education Policy Act, 27 of 1996
- His/her parent/guardian having read and acknowledged the Code of Conduct and Drug and Alcohol Policy of the School.
- Signing the Commitment Contract.
- The language of instruction at the School is English. It is in the best interests of the learner that they be able to cope with an English medium environment. Pupils must have passed English as Home language or have a proven equivalent facility in English.
- The School offers Afrikaans as the First Additional Language. Pupils must have taken the language at least as a First Additional Language.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to pupils residing south of Atlantic Road, Muizenberg.
- Academic achievement as reflected in recent school reports. Pupils must have proven and appropriate academic ability (e.g. must have passed Grade 7 for admission to Grade 8 with English Home Language and Afrikaans First Additional Language).
- Specialized skills or talents which the School has the potential to develop or facilitate, as indicated in the application or reported in the interview.
- A good disciplinary record as reflected in a recommendation from the applicant’s present school.
- The presence of siblings at the School will also be taken into account.
- Their age is within two years of the average of the grade.
- The complete application is received by the closing date, e.g. the second Friday of March.
Applications to include:
- Completed forms and requested documents such as certified copies of unabridged birth certificate or identity documents or passports and proof of residence (e.g. rates account or lease agreement). Please note, if not the owner of the property at which one resides, proof of lease is required in the name of the family applying to the School. If the lease terminates before the start of the year in question, any acceptance would be provisional until the extended lease is submitted. No pupil will be allowed to attend the School until such time as the extended lease is tabled. Certain additional documentation is required from non- SA citizens.
- A certified copy of the most recent
- A recommendation from the present school.
Parents/guardians are also invited to provide a short motivation in support of their application.
Closure of Application Dates
Applications should open in February and close on the second Friday of March for Grade 8 and on 1 September for Grades 9 to 12.
FHHS undertakes to ensure that all possible feeder schools receive timeous notification in this regard, and will furthermore advertise closing dates in the community media.